Thursday, March 22, 2012

Random



I couldn't stand it any longer, I gave in and downloaded The Hunger Games to my kindle.  I was pretty apprehensive to read it considering the story line is pretty intense, but the previews to the movie just looked too good to pass up and both my nieces are reading the series, so how gruesome can they be??  Well, I'm really glad I decided to give it a go. I love to read and when I find a book I like, reading it, is literally ALL I do in my spare time.  anyways it's no surprise I finished the first and second books in 4 days.  Anyone going to the movie this weekend?



I'm fighting a little cold and feeling a little stretched as of late which is why the blog posts have been minimal.  It'll pass.



I'm determined to stick with Mason's schedule for a solid two weeks before having any flexible nights so I skipped bowling league on Tuesday and am scheduling my weekend activities around his feeds/naps.  It just HAS to be done! *said in a very dramatic tone*. The other night Mason woke at 2am so Kevin gave him his binkie. That helped for 30 minutes, then he woke again at 2:30 so I gave him a binkie which lasted another 30 minutes at which point I said to Kevin "what should I do? Feed him or let him cry it out for a bit?" Kevin's response:



"I just want him to sleep"... HA. Me too love. Me too.



In all honesty, it's not that bad. Really. He is such a happy baby, naps like a champ and hardly ever fusses. He'll get back in the groove of sleeping at night. In the meantime I remind myself I won't always have these precious moments alone with him so I just sit back and enjoy each second. Even if those seconds are at 2am.



On another note. We booked our plane tickets for our July visit to....

Washington- Summer camp! Yes. Seriously can not wait to see everyone and have some amazing fellowship in the word.  then... 2 weeks in ARIZONA!  I am beyond excited.



I'm in a craze over french style green beans right now. Like, eat them by the can kind of a craze.  What is it about the french style that makes them soo much better then normal cut green beans?



Hope everyone has been doing great!

3 comments:

  1. i joined a babywise forum on babycenter.com and got really helpful information for Ivy. If you have questions you should ask the ladies on that forum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is so excited to see you all..and to meet little Mason! But I do wish I could go to Arizona with you :) I miss your mom and dad just a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about reading the Hunger Games, too! So, they're pretty good, then? The movie does look good, but I always like to read the books first!

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...