Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Zucchini Apple Muffins

Good Morning!! I realized I did not share this yummy recipe here yet! I have a 'business blog' at mycalmdelight.blogspot. that I'm working on growing into a possible side business. A lot of the recipes/fashion/fitness type topics I post on it, but this space is the only place you'll get the total inside scoop to all the Hilton Happenings!! Anyways, this is a  super easy muffin recipe and I seriously used the BARE minimum on the ingredients since my pantry was lacking in the walnut, clove & ginger area. BUT, delicious, non the less!
 
What you will need:
1 zucchini shredded (about 1 cup)
1 apple
1 cup almond butter
1/4 raw honey
2 eggs whisked
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt

1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Shred zucchini. Once shredded you will need to squeeze out the excess water. I used paper towels which worked like a charm.
3. Place zucchini in bowl.
4. Shred apple. I peeled my apple, but I would guess you could leave the peel on if you prefer.
5. Toss the shredded apple in the bowl with the zucchini.


6. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well.

7. Place muffin mix in a greased muffin tin or in muffin liners.

8. Bake 15-20 minutes.
Top with a bit of coconut butter and enjoy!!

Like I said, I used the absolute bare ingredients on these and next time I'll add walnuts & raisins... delicious!

*original recipe from PaleoOMG

2 comments:

  1. These look SO yummy...I'll have to figure out how to make them as "points friendly" as possible for me and Robert...they look like they could be a great "breakfast on the go" Mmmmmmmm....I can smel them from here! :D Have a blessed day Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A healthy muffin? I'm totally on board!
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...