Tuesday, March 6, 2012



Have these words ever come out of your mouth? "I will never _________".. fill in the blank..

They've come out of mine. Like in the 6th grade when I announced "I would never wear Abercrombie and Fitch like everyone else" and the following Christmas every single item on my wish list was from A&F. Or the same way I vowed at age 16 never to eat pork again. (a highly unrealistic never considering pork is delicious!) and in most recent months I've been heard saying "I will never let Mason do that" Think of the random child misbehaving in the grocery store or the memory of a questionable decision made as a teenager and it's easy to say "My child will never do that" The problem is never is a long time and it's possible, slightly possible that those nevers might just come to pass. Don't get me wrong- I do not condone misbehaving or disrespect!! I am a firm believer in spanking our children and requiring of them. This is in no way a shout out to children doing what they want. So please please don't take this out of context.  But it is humorous to even think of saying "Mason will never..."  considering during my pregnancy I actually found myself believing that.. "I will never let Mason wear clothes that he's spit up in! Gross, I'll change him right away!" for anyone that knows anything about babies.. that is another very unrealistic never. So what's my point to all this never nonsense? I guess it's simply,  roll with each punch as they come, seek the Lord's wisdom in all things and.... promise to never say never again.  (because THAT is realistic) ha.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laura...I like the new look of your website..it's very scrap-bookey looking...full of warmth and fun!
    Love your family so much!

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...