Monday, March 5, 2012

11 Random Things

I've seen this idea around the blog world lately and thought I'd join in..Here are the five rules:

1. Post these rules.

2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.

3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.

4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.

5. Tell the people you've tagged!



Well, since I'm starting this out in my realm of the blog world I'll skip Rule 3 and I'm changing the 11 to 6! Because let's be honest, who has time for 11 things?  I'll tag some of you that have blogs to join in (and seriously hope you do) but those of you who don't have a blog, please please answer one, a few or all of the questions in the comment box below! I'd love that!

.. and I am prepared for minimal participation and that's ok too! I hope you at least enjoy these 6 random things about me... Have a great evening!





1. My favorite lotion smell is grapefruit. It instantly ignites my mood to happiness. I love it so much! But unfortunately, I don't eat grapefruit.

2. I think Pride and Prejudice is the sweetest love story ever.

3. My ideal outfit..for pretty much any occasion, is jeans, a simple top, cute shoes and fun accessories. think: big earrings, fashion rings, bracelets, necklace, scarf, headband (but not all at the same time!)

4. I was in a sorority my freshman year of college.. but not just any sorority, it was a 'community service' sorority. Kev always makes fun of me for it! Everything we did, the events we attended and coordinated all centered around community service. For example: we had the idea to donate children's shoes to a charity that gave shoes to kids in need. So we threw a dance and all wore tennis shoes with our dresses, each brought kid shoes to donated and had a blast! Everything incorporated community service...and I Loved it! ps. Kev actually thinks it's pretty cool.

5.  I have a small addiction to reality tv. I can't help it! Check it out- Kardashians, Teen Mom, Real Housewives of.., etc..I can't get enough!  I don't know what it is, but I seriously enjoy reality tv... *embarrassed*

6. I hum Amazing Grace to Mason every day.



Now 6 random questions for YOU to answer:

1. What is the one electronic device you can't live without?

2. If time and money were no obstacle, what career would you choose?

3. Who's cooler? Zach Morris or AC Slater?

4. What does your ideal afternoon look like?

5. All time favorite movie?

6. Most visited website?



And I tag... Whitney, Brooke and Roberta !

11 comments:

  1. 1: Laptop. I love checking my email.
    2: Stay-at-home Mom! Honestly I think it is the best job ever and wish I could focus all of my time and energy to keeping the house spotless, making DELICIOUS meals, doing crafts and projects with the kids, organizing home-schooling, and baking for my hubby.
    3: Nowadays Slater seems to have more going on than Zack did back in the day.
    4: My afternoons go a little something like this; COFFEE, tidy - up, quite time since kids are napping, try to squeek in a show or two before the kids wake up (I'm like you Laura, "unfortunately" I am really into reality shows, ESPECIALLY the kardashians... why, oh why?!!)
    5: I really don't think I have a favorite movie,I'm not into watching movies over and over which makes it hard to cling to one in particular.
    6: Blogger is my first stop and last stop when I go online. I am always looking to see if there are any new posts. I love seeing a new post that I hadn't seen before, one of my highlights of my day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash! I'm so glad you answered these questions.. my answer for number one is laptop too. I surf the web a lot- like wayy more than I should..:) I love your afternoons! I'm always so curious what everyone's days are like.. I was never a big coffee drinker and now it's practically a necessity. lol. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I did know about your bowling skillz, and league. Tiff aka, T-Lo also told me that she was on a league with Paul, and maybe you too?
    I love this 11 random things! I made my response an entire post. Extremely fun and blog worthy idea.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laura! I love seeing your updates!!
    1. Probably be the computer as well. It's my main source of communication for all the US peoples!!
    2. Well, eventually I'll probably be a stay-at-home momma-def. agree with Ashley!!!
    3. Who? haha..sorry...
    4. If I'm working then probably filling prescriptions and blister packs, day off usually involves housework or laundry-you know wifey stuff or crafting/scrapbooking. =)
    5. Puss N' Boots!!! (The Antonio Brandaris one!!!-don't watch the Willam Schanter one, super creepy!!
    6. Well, probably facebook. Sad, I know. Being out here away from everyone, I'd miss quite a bit not checking it. (IE: all the pictures of the wonderful and cute babies being born!!)

    Such a treat to see peoples updates on the blogs! Sure can't wait to meet little Mason and see all you guys again!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Laura..here I am representing the "older" crowd Ha!!
    1. My lap top...It's amazing how much I feel the need to access it.
    2. I would want to own my own business..maybe a scrapbooking store or a contemporary ceramic studio.
    3. Don't really know who those guys are.
    4.Usually my afternoons are spent doing crochet or painting or card making..or that's the time I go "visiting" w/ the girls/grandkids
    5. I'm a sci-fi girl...so my favorite movie would most likely fit in that category.
    6. I visit my weight watcher website a lot as well as crochet websites. Of course..I enjoy the blogs some of you ladies do..always fun to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, ok, I will do it just for you :)

    1. Cell phone!
    2. Surgeon
    3. AC Slater all the way!
    4. Anywhere near water, lake/ocean!
    5. Pretty Woman, Great Outdoors
    6. Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love all these responses. Ashley K- stay at home momma huh huh?? It's hard to resist a little baby:) Michelle, I'm so tickled you frequent the blog and make comments- Thank you for that! Did you know Jody B is doing weight watchers too? Amber yes! Great Outdoors is such a funny movie. The part where John Candy has to eat the fat off that steak though- I could throw up just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Laura!!
    Here are my answers! :)
    1. iPhone!! Kinda like a laptop but smaller! I do almost everything on mine! Except maintain my blog! Need an official keyboard for that since typing on my screen keyboard can take a while forint entries...
    2. Interior designer/home stager! Iove my children dearly and staying at home is fun! But I need an outlet for my passions :)
    3. Hmmm...AC Slater!! Lol!
    4. Afternoon: at work-setting up or cleaning my dental
    operatory, dealing with patients, or assisting dentists with our appointments...at home: cleaning, organizing, moving furniture or re arranging my decor sometimes once a week! Lol! I'll catch the odd HGTV show too!
    5. Hmm, funny: Night at the Roxburry, drama/sci-fi: Clash of the Titans!
    6. Facebook! I love catching up with my dear Saints!! :)
    Love ya! -court:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courtney. Obviously #2! You are amazing at home decor. Please come visit and help me??? :) Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Def my lap top....sometimes I have nightmares that is crashes...utterly devistating.
    2. A wifey, momma, teacher, and painter....two down two to go ;)
    3. Am I alone on team Zach?! C'mon guys! He clearly had the better hair. Also, did you ever see AC dance....no me gusta!
    4. IDEAL? Anything outside in perfect weather: hiking at the beach, lake, mountains = :D
    5. Braveheart.
    6. Pinterest.

    My random things post will have to wait! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Roberta, Did I know your fav movie was Braveheart? Because it's MY favorite! huh. I'm surprised we don't talk about William Wallace more often. I'm also team Zach. I still haven't pulled the trigger on Pinterest yet. Kevin came home and declared HE would be doing it. can I make a dummy fb account to do it through? I really hate the timeline. sigh..

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...