Wednesday, November 7, 2012

When I became a mother.

Lately my little man has been extra, extra snuggly. Like, falling asleep melted in my arms every night. Hello best feeling the world. As he approaches his 1st birthday this December I can't help but think of all the things I've learned in such a short time. All the things that I feel, do & say now that I'm a mother. 
When I became a mother:
I put away selfish thoughts and put on an armor of nurture
I understood that shoulders are meant for a child to melt in
I found a fighting instinct to protect that I never knew existed
I realized that crying because your love is overflowing, is perfectly ok
When I became a mother:
I began thinking of someone other than myself
the little things that used to matter just seemed to drift away
my love for my husband grew deeper and more amazing
the 'motherly' instinct I was convinced I didn't have, just clicked- right from the start
When I became a mother:
the Lord gave me a whole new understanding of the power of prayer
my appreciation for my own mother reached a new height
I learned that a child's laugh can bring warmth, love & happiness in an instant
when I became a mother my life was completed

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful Laura...you are an amazing mommy! Lord bless you all this day.

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...