Wednesday, August 8, 2012

If you really knew me


I've seen this post idea floating around the blog sphere the past few days so thought I'd join in. The topic of real life vs. blog life is a topic talked about often in the blog world.  While most of my readers are friends and family that know me in real life, there are those that actually only know me through this blog. So, for all of you, here's a little bigger sneak into who I am..









you'd know the single best day of my life was on Dec. 10th, 2006 when I was re-baptized.  I was baptized as a child and it did me well during my childhood and into my teen years. But as an adult I made the decision on my own, for myself. The moment I gave my life over to the Lord, completely, is when my life truly began.




you'd know that I don't like the city. The Lights. The Crowds. The Noise. No thanks.  Give me quiet. Give me a few close friends, chatting over hot coffee. Give me small town.



you'd know I can eat some serious Mexican food. Like. It's my favorite. Won't leave the table until I'm stuffed. Love it.






you'd know that I have to physically force myself to sit down and relax. I love, love, love filling my days to the brim with activities, errands, playtime, exercise, projects, etc.. but my hubs likes a far more simple of days. And since my days have gone from single me, to married me, to full time working, mama, wife me, I'm learning how to just stop, and just be.




you'd know my biggest aspiration is to earn a college degree.




you'd know that I leave bobby pins everywhere, I could live off of white tortillas and chocolate, that I feel most confident wearing jeans and a plain T-shirt, how my heart literally melts to pieces when I think of my son, that contrary to what I might say, I actually don't mind the harsh Alaskan Winter and that I l.o.v.e love every inch of my life.




What about you?

9 comments:

  1. If you really knew me (and I really knew you) we would be real life bffs. Seriously, the only thing we don't have in common is the college thing - been there, done that. I enjoyed this post. It's nice to catch a glimpse into who others are, esp those I adore reading about. In case you're interested....

    http://domesticatedworkingwoman.blogspot.com/2012/08/my-heart.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Post Laura! ~K
    check out my blog www.schrimingly.blogspot.ca!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys!!! You're talkin up your awesome, sweet babies and it's making me want one! Not yet!! =) haha....this post let me know how to better be praying for you! =D. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post Laura!
    Lets see...If you know me you'd know that I love Winter, the calming feeling of my to-do list, done! The feeling of a clean house...I could eat chips and salsa everyday of my life, that the Lord has given me all the desires of my heart and more by blessing me with my best friend Jared and my 3 (soon to be 4!) precious babies I get to hold and love each day of my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Lol! Yes!! It's true! We had a week of pure shock and surprise! But the ideas settled in now! Wow! Well, the Lord never gives you more than you can handle so I feel honored to be a mom of 4 :)
      It's more common than I thought! So many people I've run into recently are from families of four! Cool! And my midwife's pregnant with her fourth! Lol! :) xoxo

      Delete
  7. Cool! I may have to do one of these "IF you really knew me" posts on the blog! :)

    Val
    http://valentinaduracinsky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...