First of all, who doesn't like casual Friday? In a corporate world of pencil skirts and heels it's pretty much the best day of the week (for reasons other than the obvious). Spending the better part of three years at a large corporate business office click clacking away in heels did my soul well. I really really love business attire but yet, each week still always welcomed the steady hello of casual Friday. You too?
My current job here in Alaska is casual Friday times a million every day. I work in the oil and gas industry.. in an office with 5 guys who wear steal-toed boots and coveralls for the majority of the day. Casual Fridays here are equivalent to show stopper, wow! outfits everywhere else. So yea, it didn't take long for me to turn in my heels for flats and skirts for jeans. I'll admit it though, the change from business wear to casual casual casual has kinda been nice- one less things for me to think about. But Oh how I still swoon over a glamorous business suit accompanied by a hot Starbucks latte. swoon.
Oh. Back to reality? Alright. Part of a little wardrobe make-over project I'm beginning is focusing on regaining my work outfits vs. everyday/weekend outfits. I mean seriously ladies, what does it hurt to throw on a pair of trousers with a blouse instead of jeans and a cotton T? It doesn't hurt a thing I tell ya! Next week I will embark on the first of many weeks of my little project: wardrobe make-over, Phase One- Shopping my Closet.
I've seen tons of fabulous inspiration on shopping your closet and putting together outfits with what you've got. So, Phase One- It's on! (remember now, I work in the oil and gas industry.. with 5 guys, who wear boots.. so, pencil skirts may still be limited) but even so, a little sprucin' up with my everyday business attire will do this girl good.
Since casual Friday is so awesome I thought I'd start my little project with a typical casual Friday, oh heck, typical everyday work outfit:
Jeans: AE, Shirt: Target, Scarf: Target, Bracelet: Gifted by Me Mama
What about YOU? What does a your casual Friday outfit look like?
Grab the code below, share your casual Friday outfit and be sure to add your link in the comment box so we can all check it out! ps. your picture doesn't have to be anything fancy! Just a quick snapshot of your outfit right now! Happy Friday to all you lovely ladies!


I love this! I'm a teacher and we have casual Fridays as well. I try not to go too casual, but it definitely is nice at the end of the week to be able to dress a little more comfortably.
ReplyDeleteI also have been shopping my closet. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
www.domesticatedworkingwoman.blogspot
OMG - I wish we had casual Fridays. We only get to wear jeans about twice a year and we have to donate $5 to charity to be able to wear them. It's so nice to just wear jeans and be casual one day out of the week. However, people at my office always take it too far and think it means wear your pjs to work day, seriously people? They are the ones that keep us from having more jeans days!
ReplyDelete