Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Living in the Now- food for thought.






Do you ever feel like you just need to shut the computer and live a little, in the now? When do you stop looking through the camera lens and start enjoying what's happening right in front of you? 



While Kevin and  Mason are playing & laughing, I'll join in the with the laughter.. from the couch... with a laptop glued to my lap.  I often wonder if this is how Mason will think of me? Someday, when he looks back on his childhood, what will he remember about mommy? Will he remember starring into a camera lens with a pretty lady behind it or of mommy- always on the computer? Or will he remember the games we play, the times we spend laughing uncontrollably and the moments we fall asleep rocking together? Those are the moments I want him to look back and remember.  Blogging is a hobby, oh, who am I kidding? It's a passion. I love it. Like, really. really love it.  But, every day I balance this passion with my true loves. The love of the Lord. The love of my sweet baby and amazing husband. The love of every single thing that makes this passion worth anything.  


 


As I'm finishing up this very brief food for thought, I notice Kevin looking over my shoulder and how fitting he should say, "I really like the first line you wrote"  .. and with that ladies, I am shutting this computer and enjoying the rest of the evening.  no laptop, no camera. but, real life in front of me.

4 comments:

  1. Ah! I totally relate to this post (And I love the name Mason by the way! It's my cousin's name!)

    I'm addicted to my iPhone!! My boyfriend is a software engineer (he writes apps for them) and we're ALWAYS on our phones. About once a month we have a "no phone" weekend and it really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I am totally that mom. I am a Director with ViSalus Sciences, and I do most of my networking from my computer. I need to probably schedule times and not be on it all day. My kids might start thinking it's an appendage.

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...