Thursday, June 21, 2012

Brown Bear Sighting


Spotted my first brown bear today. It was crazy. Among many other things, seeing a bear in person is one of the items on my bucket list of things to do/see before leaving Alaska. (not that we have any plans to leave anytime soon) So, 7:15am this morning I pulled out of my subdivision and BAM. BROWN BEAR running across the street. You guys, it was SOO awesome. In describing my experience to Kevin I mentioned how cute the brown bear looked in my head, describing a bear similar to...






 When in reality, it's more like...









In any case, seeing a brown bear in person is amazing!! Well, it's the longest day of the year today and we have nearly 24 hrs of daylight... I know, crazy. Ok. Go enjoy the sunlight!

Happy Summer Solstice to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...