I'm so excited to be here typing about my triathlon experience! The whole weekend was packed full of fun and the triathlon was the icing on the cake. There were so many women of different shapes, sizes and abilities at this event and I'm so happy that I was apart of it all. Participating in a triathlon is something I often thought would be fun but honestly never thought I'd actually do-mainly because of the swimming. I'm so glad I made the plunge and went for it though. I encourage anyone thinking about doing a race of any sort, be it triathlon, marathon, 5k, walkathon, whatever it is- Go for it! You won't be disappointed!
This triathlon consisted of a 500 yard swim. Which, if you're like me when I started had no clue how many laps that is- It's down and back, 10 times. Then we hop on our bikes and peddle our hearts out for 12 miles, then dump our bikes and continue on a 4.1 mile run.
So, going into the race I had three main goals:
1. Do not walk
2. Under 2hrs for overall time
3. Under 15 min swim
And... I met all those goals! My official time for the entire triathlon was: 1hr 52min
I did not walk or stop and my swim was right under 15 minutes at 14:54.
Although I didn't exceed my expectations and performed as I expected, I am totally thrilled with the outcome. Looking back, I know I could have pushed myself harder. But, am I disappointed in my results? No way!! I stepped outside my comfort zone and into unfamiliar territory and completed a triathlon- that is an accomplishment!
Along with Kevin and Mason, Paul and Shellea also came up to Anchorage to cheer me on and what a difference it made having my family there supporting me. Loved that. Enjoy the photos!
(ps. Shellea was obviously taking all these pics, since she isn't in any of them!)


Fantastic job Laura...you are amazing! Not many women could do that within months of having a baby...the Lord really anointed you and gave you a true blessing in this...you are a perfect example for your generation..and even for us that are a "little" older :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteTotally agree!!! I'm wanting to do a 10K fun run...but it's a matter of getting organized and for them to update their website! Congrats Laura!!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome! Congrats on completing the triathlon! How fun, and what an awesome goal to work towards!
ReplyDelete