As an expectant mother of 17 weeks, I can now say I am an expert in all things motherhood.HA! Just kidding. Far from it. But, one thing I am, as an expectant mother of 17 weeks, is far enough along not to be fitting in any of my pants. If you're anything like me, at 12 weeks you could not fit into an pre-pregnancy pants without feeling extremely constricted. Even my 'fat day' pants weren't comfortable- pants I was sure would suffice well into my second trimester. Although I've only gained 6 lbs (so far) and I'm not exactly 'showing' the entire 6 lbs has been gained in precisely the right places to make buttoning pants next to impossible. The other next to impossible task? Finding cute maternity pants. I live in a small town so stores are limited but while visiting AZ I gave in and bought a pair of way too big maternity pants and a bella band. The bella band has been a life saver because the way too big maternity pants make me feel so frumpy it's not even funny. If you aren't sure about the bella band and how it will work- don't worry about it. Just buy one. They do the trick. They save you from buying pants that make you feel frumpy and no one knows your pants aren't buttoned- just that you are wearing a long cami. However I will give you one bit of advice. If you can't button your pants and are wearing the bella band be sure your zipper stays put. Many of my pant zippers won't stay up unless the button is latched, something I've only recently found out. Today, I met Kev at the river to pick up my wallet and I'm just walking around, laughing, waving to all the fisherman- having a grand ol' time when finally I notice my entire zipper- DOWN. oh shoot. So, just be sure that your zipper will stay put if you don't have the button done and if it's not going to stay put- pack the pants away for now. The bella band will not save you from the unnecessary embarrassment of having your zipper down in public. Zip with caution ladies.
I love the 'Bella Band' ! Although here in Canada they're called Belly Bands, still an awesome invention! I was able to wear my AE jeans right into my 3rd trimester quite easily with using it! I did like the comfort of the maternity jeans in my nineth month... What a money saver too! Maternity jeans can cost a fortune considering your only wearing them in small intervals if your life, lol! :)
ReplyDeletelol, best ending sentence to a blog yet.
ReplyDelete