Saturday, April 30, 2011

Letters to You Vol. 1

I always knew that once I was pregnant I would write a journal to my darling baby. I would write everything I felt, fun things Kev and I did, what baby Hilton was like during all the different stages of life- a view from Mommy's perspective.

I LOVE reading the small scribbles my Mom wrote on the back of her photos or the rare occasions I've found a cute letter my Dad wrote her while in the Navy. I can only imagine how many times I would re-read a journal that my mom wrote to me if I had one now.

The night I found out about Baby Sprout I began writing...

Since this is such a huge part of my life I wanted to share these writings with you. Not every single one but I will be starting a new monthly feature entitled: Letters To You.

Once a month I'll post an entry from my journal to my darling Baby. Since my first entry is quite similar to my "two lines=positive" post with a few more details, I will just share the last paragraph of my first journal entry and the second entry I wrote the next day.

I hope you enjoy this little memento as much as I already do.



Letters To You Vol 1.

Wednesday April, 20th


Right now you are the size of an apple seed and forming important organs like your heart, kidney, liver and stomach and your nervous, circulatory and digestive system. Your dad is very cautious and concerned about what I’m eating and drinking. He has been googling everything! to make sure it’s safe for you. I’ve only known you for 1 day but I already love you more than I could have ever imagined. I always knew when you came I would write and journal everything I could so that you could know what Mommy and Daddy were like during this amazing time. You just made this Wednesday the best day of my life-only to be topped, when I get to hold you in my arms. I hope you like all the yummy organic food I am eating. I love you.

Love, Mommy




Thursday. April 21st.


I woke up today feeling incredible happy. I looked at your dad this morning and said, “I mean, do you think about our little sprout ALL the time now? I don’t stop thinking about sprout!” Your daddy said “yes! I think about sprout every second”. Uncle Paul told me he was thinking about all the fun toys and games he was going to need to buy you and how excited he was, then your Aunt Shellea hollered to him “Can you believe Kevin and Laura are having a baby!” Already you’ve brought so much excitement, joy and happiness to everyone in our life.


I made an appointment to visit with a midwife today. The appointment is schedule for two weeks. She was so delightful on the phone and told me she was on call 24/7 so If I had any questions about you and how I felt I could call anytime. That was so nice to know since I’m so far away from grandma and sort of out of my comfort zone. You know you are my first baby :)


On the way to our bible study tonight we stopped by your Uncle Paul and Aunt Shelleas, they bought us your first onesie’s outfits, a moose shaped bib and 6 baby books(everything we need to know about expecting you). I was elated. The little clothes you’ll wear makes my heart skip a beat. I’m reading a lot right now about what to expect my body to feel and what I need to do to keep you safe. Your dad and I went grocery shopping and bought lots of yummy organic fruit, veggies, whole grain crackers, greek yogurt and 1 Hershey bar. Your daddy ate chocolate pudding and oreos today at work and said “man these cravings!” ha. He’s so silly. I don’t have any ‘cravings’ yet but I do have heartburn. In fact, I’ve had heartburn since Sunday! It’s ok though, I drink lots of water and that helps.


Your grandpa had a dream last night that he was holding you in his arms. Right now, both grandma and grandpa think you are a girl. I have a feeling you are a boy. Little sprout, whatever God has made you, I am beyond excited. Your dad and I were thinking of names tonight (ok, I’ve been thinking of names since we got married!) but as of day 2 these are the names we like for you:


Boy: Isaac or Mason Girl: Annabelle, Naomi


I’m trying to focus on keeping my body healthy and active, not getting ahead of these next few months and enjoying every second but sometimes it’s hard and I just want to go to Nordstrom and buy your entire wardrobe! Sweet dreams darling Sprout.


Ps. Sprout is what we call you right now. Your dad and I love nicknames so by the time you arrive you’ll probably have a dozen!


I love you.


Love, Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I like Naomi, too! What happened to Kenley?! Annabelle's cute, except I had a co-worker named Annabelle who said all her "s-es" as "sh-es" like, "I'll have the shoup shalad shpecial pleashe." But I'll love your little Shprout regardless of names or speech impediments. These letters are adorable. I love you and Kev and am so excited to see you as parents and rack your brains for advice when my time comes ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...