Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Pray and Thank God.

 
Happy Thursday and Happy late 4th of July! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Ours was filled with tasty food, good friends, fireworks and too many sweets. It was also filled with heavy hearts from the tragedy that rocked our little town just two weeks ago. I'm sure you all heard about the 19 Hotshot firefighters that lost their lives.  From the moment I heard about it until now it's been a tough reality to wrap my brain around. In a small community like Prescott you are bound to know someone in one fashion or another. Tears filled my eyes as the names were released and I saw three that I knew. My heart broke when I saw the sweet face of a girl I know who's husband was killed. And my heart sank a little further when all the children of the fire fighters that were killed, rode on the fire trucks in the 4th of July parade- one little girl holding up a sign that read "we walk for you daddy". Even now, it's hard to type. It's hard to think about. I pray for the women who are left with young children and no father. For the expecting mother's who's children will never meet their Dad. For the mothers who lost son's. The grandmothers who lost grandsons. I pray for the one Hotshot Firefighter that survived. His name is Brendan. I don't know him but I pray the Lord guide him, give him comfort, direction and peace through this tragedy. 
 
I pray and thank God for my sweet husband and darling boy. I thank God for giving me peace. I thank the Lord for this day.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...