Friday, January 11, 2013

Kevin Turns 30

I thought I had posted this for you to see.. but I guess I didn't. BOO. Kevin turned 30 this week!  I really wanted him to write a blog post for me. I know, thoughtful huh? ha. I really thought it would be way cooler than the typical Dear Husband you are the best, love of my life, man of god, etc  etc.. post, so instead, he sat down and wrote this gem. and I love it. I think he should be a blogger, don't you?
Blogger's Husband turns 30

                Hi I’m Kevin, and I am the husband to a blogger.  When my lovely wife (and that is NOT said sarcastically) decided to start blogging I thought it was a nice little hobby for her to pursue.  I thought she could snap a few pictures, write some clever little stories, and stay in touch with some close friends in a nice, informal, non-Facebook kind of way.
                At first, it was just like I had imagined…….and then it happened.  What is that you ask?  Pictures, Photographs, cameras, camera phones, smart phones, and the list could go on.  If it takes a picture, we are using it, and I am posing for it.  It does not matter what we are doing, it will be photographed whether I like it or not.
               
 Like most guys, I do not mind an appropriate impromptu photo every now and then.  I am talking about the great photos that really capture the moment.  You know the one, when you’re looking through old pictures and you see the one that makes you remember whatever awesome moment was captured.  Those pictures are awesome.  The pictures that have always irritated me are the ones where we take a photo. We check the photo.  We don’t look at anyone but ourselves, and then determine that the picture is not quite good enough.  PLEASE, let’s take 40 more until we get the perfect one….ughhh!


                Well, that was the old me.  Now I am 30 (that actually has nothing to do with pictures, it’s just my birthday!).  I have come to realize that if a photograph will help my wife complete another fantastic blog post, I can easily oblige.  Let’s be honest.  Every time I look for some clothes they are there, hanging from the coat hanger, nice and clean.  When I come home there is always a smiling face and nice warm hug waiting for me in the kitchen (now, there’s 2).  Whenever I need some advice or just to hear the word of the Lord, she is always there.
                So on my birthday, I guess I can only reflect on the things that the Lord has blessed me with: a loving wife, an awesome son, the anticipation of even greater blessings.  Go ahead guys, take that extra picture, cherish the extra hug, and thank the Lord for his daily blessings in your life.

Cheers my love! and Happy Birthday to the greatest man I know! MUAH!
   
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my..you two are so amazing! Happy, happy birthday Kevin!! I pray the Lord continue to bless you and pour His great love and wisdom in to your soul! XOXO Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...