Monday, February 13, 2012

A Testimony of Salmon Casserole?



Since being on maternity leave (unpaid) for over a month it's safe to say the Hilton house has implemented a strict necessity only spending budget. My mom was gracious enough to help stock our pantry before she left and I'm making it my February mission to use what we've got and spend as little as possible at the grocery store...the one BIG (I say that sarcastically) exception is apples. I gotta have my apples. With that being said it's now February 13th and we've spent only $11 on groceries! I've asked the Lord to give me peace and patience while we 'get back on our feet' per se and you know what? He's done more than just that. We received an unexpected check in the mail for $40 which we've stashed away and Kevin came home from school with an entire Salmon Casserole that one of the teachers gave him. Thank you Lord! I froze half and divided the rest into containers for lunches this week. As I enjoyed my helping of salmon casserole today I couldn't help but smile and thank the Lord again for providing such a delicious meal. To some, these two unexpectants may seem like nothing worth writing about, but to me they are living proof that the Lord will always provide and take care of us.



We count the unexpected as blessings.

1 comment:

  1. It's so true! He never lets us lack for anything. I love hearing stories like that. Lord bless you and your family over and above measure!

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...