Thursday, June 9, 2011

An Amazing 10 Days

Kevin and I just got back from a 10 day trip to Arizona. It was amazing to say the least. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I had planned on but I did capture a few special days.

Roberta drove out to see us last Sunday night and early Monday we all headed to the Verde River for a 12 mile hike. It was a gorgeous 80 degree sunny day, of course and the hike itself was..well, intense. It was basically 5 miles straight down a mountain, followed by about a mile to the Springs and then 5 miles back UP the mountain!
The rest of the week we spent with my parents and meeting up with friends at different restaurants and homes for dinner/lunch and lots of catching up. It was so nice to see so many wonderful friends. We also did a few tourist type activities like walking around the shops in downtown Prescott:) I so love downtown Prescott.
My mom bought this darling dress for me which I love! Thanks MOM!!

Friday, Mom and I met Jessenia at Wild Iris coffee shop downtown. We enjoyed wonderful girl talk, coffee and apple German cake. I loved every second of it.
What a lovely day it was.
Over the weekend we had a big fish taco/game night with the Buehlers. It was a blast!!! I wish I could have every single person that I love together in one place- ALL the time.
Like I said, I didn't take nearly as many pictures of the fun things we did. But I hope each and everyone one of you I got to see and made time to see me, knows exactly how much you mean to me. It was such a relaxing and refreshing trip. I miss everyone so much. I miss having my Mom and Dad to see and hug every day. I miss laughing with my dear friends. I miss the HOT sun. But while I was in Arizona I missed my girl time with Julie and Shellea. I missed seeing Paul everyday at work. I missed our home. I missed Alaska. It is so comforting to know I have such an amazing group of people in my life in both Arizona and Alaska. It's incredible to know that I truly love life both in Arizona and Alaska It's the best feeling to realize that as long as I'm in the Lord's will- life is amazing. Kevin and I are exactly where we are supposed to be. So back to Alaska it was... and you know what? It's good to be home.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on that hike!! Wow!

    Your hair is so shiny! Oh and that latte looks DELICOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I have told so many people about that hike this week....but I don't leave out the part about the 27 mile dirt road to get there ;-) That waterfall was awesome to see though! Love and miss you, friend...xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...