Friday afternoon we grabbed our dogs, tv and air mattress picked up a veggie pizza, bottle of wine, 24 and spent our first night snuggled in to our new house.
Saturday we unloaded our belongings, had friends over for lunch (and thanks to Shorts for helping clean/move!), met a nice neighbor named Jack and had permi-smiles on our faces the entire time.
Much to Kevin's surprise Sunday afternoon he came home to multi colored strips on our walls. I might have gotten a few to many paint samples from home depot and might have tested them out on the walls without his full knowledge.. but what can I say, neutral paint colors are hard to pick out! I did however pick one. A simple light shade of tan- it's called Sierra Desert Sand. It's light and fresh. Spurred on by the dislike of multi color walls Kevin told me we'd paint on Saturday (might have been my plan with paint testing all along) ;)
We both decided we'd want a deep rich color in the dining room/kitchen but after also testing two shades of red- both were a disaster. I'm still on the hunt for the right shade or perhaps we'll go with a totally different color.


I don't have a good picture but the garage is extended on the right side- you can just about fit two cars, one in front of the other on the right side. The 'extended' area is our 'man cave' space where a couch and dart board already reside. Soon to be living there: a tv, mini fridge and ping pong table.
On the back wall of the garage there is also a doggy door that leads straight into a large covered dog kennel. Paisley LOVES it. There is a large shed in the back corner of the yard- empty at the moment.
I did not put up the maroon curtains on the sliding door- those came with the house.. along with several other items, of which I would actually like to thank the sellers for: two large ladders, two outside trash cans (no trash service in ak), kitchen trash can, tons of cleaning supplies and dog toys.
I am continually thanking the Lord for giving Kevin and I such a perfect house. We had our first home cooked meal last night- Kevin made chicken Marsala-a recipe that he has NEVER even mentioned he knew how to cook in the three years that we've been married and one that he will in fact be making again!! It was delicious.
So we cheers'd our mugs of wine, wine glasses still being packed away, enjoyed our dinner and drifted off to sleep both incredibly happy that we are home.

Love it! Congrats you guys!
ReplyDeleteYour house is so darling! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE how you spent your first night there, so cute and romantic!
Congrats you two! Love the property! And awesome backyard!! :)
ReplyDeleteFriend, this was such a happy blog! I read half of it out loud to Mama, 'cause there were some cute/funny parts in there =D So happy for you guys!!! Love you miss you.
ReplyDelete