You know how people say "I love to make lists" in lists title "things about me"? Well, I'm the same way- I also love making lists but more than that, I love making spreadsheets. I would say I am borderline obsessed with excel spreadsheets. When I have a new idea or plan that I'm conveying to my husband he will jokingly ask "where's the spreadsheet?" I laugh with him and then... hand it over. I can't help it! I make spreadsheet for EVERYTHING. When in doubt- make a spreadsheet.
So. New Years Resolutions. Where do they fit in? I love them too! I do. It gives me another great excuse to create a spreadsheet and for the last several years I've made resolutions that are fun and attainable. 2011 is no exception.
Resolution # 1: Learn to Sew. My motivation? Sew Kevin and I stockings for Christmas.
Every time I start snapping pictures with my camera I think to myself "I've got to learn how to use this darn camera!' so..
Resolution # 2: Learn to use camera
Resolution # 3: Create scrapbooks/photo albums starting with My Wedding Album!
Resolution # 4: Go Back to School
Resolution # 5: Home. Since Kevin and I are purchasing our first home I am crazy excited to decorate! decorate! decorate!
Resolution # 6: Be Kinder to myself.
Resolution # 7: T and T. Tight and Tone- the words I hear every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at my boot camp class. What exactly does this resolution mean? Simply: continue a healthy and active lifestyle.
You are helping me stay motivated with my resolutions through this blog, which I will periodically update with my progress... so If you have resolutions you'd like to share- I'd love to hear them!
Looking forward to a wonderful 2011 and hope you are too!
XOXO
Oh, friend. This made me miss you so very much!
ReplyDeleteYou are funny about the spreadsheets. Accountant for a father much?
ReplyDeleteI am SO glad that sewing is #1 on your list. I had the same resolution, because my Mom does NOT sew and I wanted to make a point of learning. That same Christmas my darling husband bought me a sewing machine because he happened to draw my name for Christmas. I think you really have to get a machine, it makes a lot more things possible. Then I will have to come up and show you how to use it. I have a stocking pattern, you will find one easily. Then with fabric, the world is your oyster! Google image: Amy Butler fabric, Heather bailey, joel dewberry, kate spain.
I second the awesome-ness of sewing and definitely encourage looking into all of those fabrics, they are amazing!
ReplyDeleteI think I need you to show me the options with Spreadsheets.. I use them for budgeting, but am curious/excited to know what else I can do with them.