Friday, January 28, 2011

Family Question #1

Wednesday Morning Grocery Bag

Can you tell my house got taken out by a little bug?
Poor hubby was miserable with the flu all night Tuesday and took his first sick day ever on Wednesday. Naturally, I rushed off to the store and picked up the basic necessities. The problem with this?-The basic necessities are different for everyone. It's safe to assume saltines and chicken noodle soup are staples but what about jello? ramen noodles? Oscillococcinum? and finally...
Ginger Ale or Sprite?
Growing up, Ginger Ale had absolutely no place in our home; sprite was always purchased. Which may be why I practically scoffed in utter disgust when I found out that Kevin preferred Ginger Ale. Why, I thought, would you choose Ginger Ale when clearly Sprite is better?! Keeping this in mind you will understand my dilema time after time as I pace back and forth down the soda isle thinking "do I ONLY get Ginger Ale? Sprite is so much better. I can't believe Kevin likes Ginger Ale. Am I really going to spend an extra three dollars? What does Ginger Ale even taste like?"
.. so without fail- I ALWAYS buy both. I can't help it. What if THIS is the day Kevin decides Sprite really IS better?
And.. without fail, he NEVER drinks the Sprite.
So.
Family question # 1: What will our children get- Ginger Ale or Sprite? Will it depend on which parent is making the 'necessity' run? Will I always buy both so they can decide?
Ginger Ale may have prevailed this time but today I am just happy to have a healthy hubby again, who hugged me tightly and told me that I was the best wife in the world.
And so, my final thoughts of family question # 1: If buying BOTH Ginger Ale and Sprite means knowing I took care of my family the absolute best that I could..well then, I'll spend the extra three dollars every time.

1 comment:

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...