Saturday, June 5, 2010

Days 2 and 3

Well it's pushing 9AM and we are still in Medford. Brake lines in the 4 Runner need to be flushed, so I am patiently waiting for Kevin to come back. Me, Rambo and Minnie. We are all so hungry and because of the specific location we are at I don't dare eat anything at the continential breakfast.

The Vagabon Inn I mentioned on Day 1 turned out to not only have a sketchy name but was also located in a sketchy area as well. I think we must have woken up 5 times during the night with random groups of people outside yelling, screaming, fighting etc... The last two guys outside that woke me up were saying to one another "No, but seriously dude, you are my Best Friend. My Best Friend" I thought about peeking out and asking them to take their drunken bromance elsewhere, but thought otherwise considering it was 3 AM.

After about 200 miles of driving yesterday I realized I had left my temperpedic pillow and my oh so loved blankie at the Vagabon Inn. :(

Other than leaving my pillow and blankie behind, our car ride was uneventful. I started and finished an entire book, Rambo threw up in the backseat while driving, Kevin sang.. the usual car ride events.

Medford, Oregon is a beautiful place. We took the doggies on a long walk through this amazing park next to a river last night. It was peaceful and refreshing. I wish I would have had my camera on our walk. The hotel is another disaster. Although located in a nice area, the room smells like pee. Guess that's what you get for a $50 night motel that accepts pets.
nb
Kev just arrived back! YAY!... And we're back on the road..

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the recount of the bromance. haha PS I am super jealous you can read in the car!

    ReplyDelete

Sedona Hiking

A couple of weeks ago we took a mini day trip to Sedona to hike Devil's Bridge. A natural bridge formed from the red rocks- these pictu...